Sunday, September 7, 2008

In the Mood

I'll be "on the road again" with a group of German-speaking visitors until 27 September.

Will post more photos as soon as I return.


I'm in the mood today to share photos I "store" under the caption........ "mood" (surprise, surprise). The photo (left) was taken just after sunset across Table Bay (Cape Town).



I think that mist or clouds often add a mysterious kind of note to certain settings - as I believe is the case on the next photo, taken at the small fishing harbour of Houtbay (Cape Peninsula).


The same applies (left) - mist and clouds moving in from the Indian Ocean across "The Heads" at the Knysna lagoon (Western Cape).





Early morning mist (right) covering the valleys at Hluhluwe Game Reserve (KwaZulu-Natal).






Clouds adding a "special" mood (left) to this setting - taken in Swellendam (Western Cape).






The famous table-cloth (right) "spreading" over Table Mountain in Cape Town - as seen from the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront.



After the rain - a rainbow, which luckily for us at the time, heralded the end of rain so that we could enjoy the visit to the Kirstenbosch Botanic Garden (Cape Town).



Magnificent lightning - a common occurrence on the Highveld during summer, although not always as spectacular as my last 2 photos today represent (taken from our home here in Johannesburg).

No comments: