Monday, September 29, 2008

Flower Power

Usually, when I return from a tour, I tend to share photos I took of wild animals or birds along the way. Today I'm "diverting" in the sense that I'm publishing some photos of flowers.


Right now, coral trees all over our country are in bloom.









I've posted photos of our national flower, the King Protea, before but since it represents such an attractive "model", here's yet another one.





Clivia, illuminated by the afternoon sun.











I have no idea what these flowers are called, but I snapped them in the Drakensberg region of our country during a hike, with a local guide, to view some of the fascinating San paintings for which this region is famous (other than it's magnificent nature).



I believe that this flower belongs to the daisy family, and I was attracted by the delicately pink hue of this particular flower.










More daisies - this time from our garden at home.










Another flower from our garden, which again, I must confess, I haven't a clue what it's called.

No comments: