Thursday, December 8, 2011

Close Encounter


I recently had a close encounter with a Water leguan - not in the sense that I felt threatened, even if this reptile should be "treated" with caution, but really because I got a clear visual/photo of its "flipping" tongue [Also SEE: my blog-entry = A Reptile Story - Friday, 28 Oct 2011]

A more "threating" encounter happened in the Addo Park - a more than just "interested" elephant bull got closer to our open safari vehicle than anticipated.




Although Addo is a "sanctuary" for the (coastal) African elephants, one doesn't always encounter as many elephants as we did in one (half) day during my last tour for this year (as tourist guide).




"He ain't heavy, he's my brother" . . . came to my mind as I snapped this "leaning" elephants.




Some of the male elephants appeared to be fighting/testing their strength . . .






. . . when in reality they were "cuddling" . . .







. . . ditto . . .







. . . ditto . . .








. . . ditto.

No comments: