Monday, May 19, 2008

Back from Touring



Now that I'm back home, I'd like to share some of what I experienced during the past 3 weeks. Since our country is presently in "the throws of autumn", I'd like to present some scenery-photos of what autumn looks like in the Drakensberg region.

We stayed for 2 nights in the Drakensburg Sun Hotel and went hiking to see some San paintings - I took these photos along the way.





Reflected in the water (right) is Cathkin Peak with Champagne Castle "hiding" behind it.



And then - drama!!


Everybody who knows me is aware of how scared I am of heights. Well, my worst nightmare became reality when on 13 May, I was amongst tourists, who got stuck in a Table Mountain cable-car (Cape Town) on its way down. The incidence was widely reported by the press and my last photo is how the SON described it. I have an issue, though, with the last sentence: the cable-way wasn't in full working order again. First of all, the cable-cars were manually "manipulated" so that the 35 minutes turned to almost an hour before we stood on terra firma again. I also heard that afterwards, there were more problems, right into late that night!?

1 comment:

Tim Cray said...

Gorgeous photography !!!!!!
This is nice post , thanks for sharing this touring photos .
Stock images